Sunday, September 7, 2008

And so it begins....

We're back to school, the whole fan-damily. It's true. We had a great summer however, you unfortunately can't bottle that feeling and take small doses of it when you feeling tired and stressed. It's amazing how 1 hour into being back to work you feel the same weight of the world you felt before the vaction started. For me, it's about wanting to do the best for each and every child in my room, making sure they are truly happy and getting everything they can out of their experience at school. Then there are my boys and me wanting to make sure that I am my BEST self for them and not showing this side only to my students. Then there is the whole sleep thing. I don't know when I will ever get used to not getting a good night's sleep. Sometimes it's not b/c my boys are keeping me up, sometimes it's my mind not shutting off the world. The 1st 6 weeks of school is grueling and now that the boys are 2 1/2, it's even more so. I know I'll get through it but it doesn't get any easier, no matter how many years of experience I have behind me.

Anyways, I've decided that this year, I will find balance and make time for me. This means having 'date' nights with my hubby and doing something that's just for my enjoyment. Whether that's a hang with my friends or finding a hobby that I like. I think it's so important for us moms to not forget the person we were before motherhood (I know...it's hard!) but if we can somehow find that person again and bring that into our new roles, I think we can be better moms:) I am hoping this is the case for and in the meantime, I hope everyone is getting ready to embrace fall and saying a fond adieu to summer!

1 comment:

Alfio Chieffallo said...

Way to go Dita! You're absolutely right. Go and make time for yourself. Whether its with your husband on a date night or here's a suggestion, take a dance class. Bring it back if you haven't already. It will do wonders for any stress. I'm glad you've written this blog. When I would take cardio kick or cardio kombat classes at my local gym it wasn't just to get in shape but there were some great looking women in these classes. I would have to say half of them were married and moms (so too bad for me) but man! was I proud of them. Having taught dance classes myself, it was refreshing to see housewives or career women who wanted to stay fit and were loving every minute of it.

Anyways .... thanks for letting me share. God Bless and miss ya, love ya and stay cool Ditta my Sweeta!