So, without further adieu, here is a retrospective of our summer this year:
Here are some pic's of their visit to Grand Bend just before school was out. The boys are hanging out by the beach:

Our trip to Algonquin:
In the canoe!
Watching daddy fish:
What happens when you try and fish and lose part of your rod (Aiden):
Daddy's big catch!
Following daddy to help prepare dinner:
Preparing our catch of the day:
Andrew roasting his first marshmellow!
Andrew's 1st taste of ice cream:
Aiden's first taste of ice cream:
Gorgeous Algonquin (I must say, this is my favourite spot in Ontario):
Our fire
Our fine feathered friend who flew up onto our dock to say "Hawllah people from T.O!"
Me feeding the ducks (yes, I realize you are NOT supposed to but they insisted on wanting to try some Toronto bread....)
Christopher showing off by showing us how he likes to feed the ducks
My sweeties fishing
Our sweetie Willy who is the best travel dog in the world!
Andrew's look of joy in the water
Then came our visit to a real working farm. The boys had an amazing time (as did we!):
Meet the rabbits:
Then the chickens:
Aiden guiding the chicken back to his coop:
The boys getting a taste of farm life:
Sitting on a tractor (the farmer collects tractors and had 2 backhoe loaders which made the boys gasp in awe):
This happens only a once a year on the farm but lucky us were there the day the sheep shearer came. I must say this a job I could NEVER do but this lady was incredible the boys were bug eyed watching:
Now here are some candids taken of the boys at home:
I call these two pictures, dirty boys = happy boys
Here is Aiden jackhammering:
Being silly:
Reading the paper with daddy:
Painted toes (Aiden):
Our singing firefighter/chef, Andrew:
Visiting construction sites:
We also went to North Bay again and had a great time (so did the North Bay mosquitoes):
Aiden 'hammocking':
Andrew 'hammocking':
Andrew swinging:
The boys on the slide:
Playing golf:
Sammy snake:
Trucks by the sand:
The night the bugs attacked:
The morning after (poor Andrew):
Poor Aiden:
A visit to our friends' cherry farm:
Here is Uncle Jim explaining some of the equipment they use for their cherries to Aiden:
Part of the gorgeous farm:
Aiden going on his very first tractor ride:
Andrew's turn on the tractor:
Tons of trucks to play with (which they got to keep and take home! CRAZY!):
A visit with their gecko, Steve:
Aiden trying out the forklift:
Andrew trying out the forklift:
This summer, we tried out a couple of organized classes with the boys. The first was gymnastics which was a huge hit! Here are some shots (sorry they are blurry as I took them through the glass):
The next class we did all summer was Music Together and the boys LOVED (or I should say were IN love with their lovely music teacher, Kate):
Here they are with their favourite teacher:
They also had a couple of overnights at their Gran's whom they adore. Here is a shot of them making lunch:

They also went up to Georgian Bay and visited their Grandpa:
Best friends:
Having ice cream again:
The last shots are of my boys doing something they love which is playing and listening to music (their favourite music of course is Daddy's!)
The biggest news is the the boys are toilet trained!!!!!!!!!!! Now I should say they are DAY trained as they still wear pull-ups at night although it appears as if Andrew is 100% trained. This, I must say, is so exciting for us as we thought the boys would be in diapers/pull-ups forever. I will end this post with two shots. This is my favourite shot of Aiden in the washroom I took as I snuck in to see what he was doing:
The last one is the boys wearing their new raincoats and sporting their new lunch boxes for school. Now that they are toilet trained, they are ready to begin Casa which is VERY exciting!
Thanks for looking!
No comments:
Post a Comment